Phillip Richard Bill "Phil" DeVille is a main character in both Rugrats and its spin off series, All Grown Up!, appearing in most episodes of both series. He is the first tritagonist of the series. Phil is one of Tommy's friends, and is very close with his twin sister, Lil, although they often bicker with each other. He is a minor protagonist in the series.
Phil's skin is mostly peach, and has a block/football shaped head. He wears shirts layered with jean shirts and pants.
Lil and Phil are twins and best friends. They always thought of each other as brother and sister and never as people but ever since the episode Seperate But Equal when Phil walked in on Lil when she was wearing a bra he freaked out and didn't look at her the same. In that same episode when a boy started flirting with Lil, Phil got very protective and scared and chased him away. Phil has always been a bit protective of Lil, in the original series when they get separated and she was with Tommy and Chuckie, and then wasn't he grabbed them and screamed "What have you done with my Lillian!". In the episode A DeVille House Devided, when Lil was worried she was losing Phil he says that he'll always love her and that he couldn't believe she thought that she would lose him. In the first episode, Coup DeVille, at the end after a sweet moment she kissed him on the cheek and he said "EEWWW! Gross!" and then smiled.
Most of the time Tommy is good friends with Phil but sometimes they act like a judge and their enemies like in Susie Goes Bad Lite when Phil wanted to be a cook because he was good at it, but Tommy and Chuckie disproved because Phil became obsessed with cooking and Phil was starting to act mean, and even made Didi cry. Phil and Tommy are still friends despite not having as much in common now that they are older and have developed their personalities more thoroughly. But they are both incredibly close as Tommy faced his biggest fear (since he was a toddler) and saved Phil's life in the episode River Rats.
Phil and Dil are best friends in All Grown Up! but Phil didn't like Dil when they were babies very much. In Coup DeVille when Lil didn't want to a twin, Dil "filled in" as Phil's twin. Dil dressed like Phil, he acted like Phil and followed him everywhere.
Angelica and Phil have never EVER been the closest of friends, they are basically rivals. The two are often seen to make jokes at each others expense. Phil is basically the only one of the kids to almost always talk back to her. Despite this the two are close, whether they want to be or not.
Chuckie and Phil are very close but aren't seen interacting by themselves now that they're older. However the two are still close friends and get along even though they can sometimes disagree.
Kimi and Phil have little interaction in All Grown Up! but are still close friends. When Chuckie wanted to renovate Kimi's room as a surprise, Phil helped along with the rest of the gang. Kimi and Phil were closer in the original Rugrats, however they are still friends. Kimi doesn't have much in common with Phil; she thinks he is disgusting. Kimi sometimes belittles Phil and treats him poorly at times.
Susie and Phil are close friends despite the age difference and the lack of interactions. Some fans even ship the two.
Intro: Every Episode
- Every episode of Season 1
- Absent for 1 episode
- Saving Cynthia
- Every episode of Season 3
- Every episode of Season 4
- Absent for 1 episode
- Golden Boy
Intro: All episodes with Intro
- Absent for 11 episodes
- Absent for 16 episodes
- Toy Palace
- The Big House
- Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch
- The Bank Trick
- Family Reunion
- Grandpa's Date
- Aunt Miriam
- A Visit From Lipschitz
- The Case of the Missing Rugrat
- Rebel Without a Teddy Bear
- Down the Drain
- Let Them Eat Cake
- The Seven Voyages of Cynthia
- Toys in the Attic
- Driving Miss Angelica
- Tooth or Dare
- Cameo in 1 episode
- Absent for 9 episodes
New Intro: Every Episode with Intro
- Absent for 9 episodes
- Mentioned in 1 episode
- Present for all Episodes
- Absent for 6 episodes
- "Thanks, I'll pay you back. As soon as that no-allowance-for-a-month thing is over. How was I suppose to know Kimi's great aunt was in that vase? They should label that stuff."
- "Be the first ones on your block to dress your pens and pencils!"
- "Can't we just put a warning label on them, 'Do not use if moving?'"
- "I wonder what Dil would be like if we never dropped him on his head."
- "Dip, pull, eat red meat, plant some corn and peas and wheat!"
- "It cannot be released in the air, because once it's said, I'm dead."
- "What? Lil's breath smells like feet? Izzy, that's harsh!"
- "What? Did you see somebody naked?"
- "Okay, I didn't shower before I got in. But no one takes that rule seriously."
- "I don't know about her, but I do feel weird around Tommy when he's around Olivia. She's pretty nice though, and she didn't cry when I accidentally hit her in the head with a giant snowball."
- "We're not playing the game, we're hiding from Angelica."
- "Ah, you know lawyers. Always so worried about losing limbs."
- "Ten bucks says I can throw up more times than anyone here."
- "This much money just to crash a car?"
- "Since when do you listen to me? I'm a moron. Plus, Angelica's the one who made us come back in here."
- Phil was seen as a 3-8 year old in the All Grown Up! episode Truth or Consequences.
- Phil was seen as a preteen and having braided or unbraided curly hair since Season 2 of All Grown Up!.
- Phil had straight hair in seasons 0-1 of All Grown Up!.
- Phil had fiery hair (hair wings) in seasons 0-1 and 5 of All Grown Up!
- Phil's love interest and girlfriend was 16-17 year old Wally, as seen in A DeVille House Devided and someone else who's unnamed as a girl (since season 5 of All Grown Up!).
- He is two whole minutes younger than Lil as mentioned in Coup DeVille.
- It is revealed in a Nick Magazine that Phil and Lil's birthday is March 31st and that they are 15 months, when Tommy is 1, making them 3 months older than Tommy.
- He is a talented yet unhygienic chef prodigy as revealed in Susie Goes Bad Lite.
- He loves playing video games with his sister.
- He has seen both his sister and his mother in their bras. With Lil this caused him to become protective of his sister around boys. This was seen in Separate But Equal.
- He loves gross out stories and, well, anything gross.
- He still wanted to be twins after Lil didn't want to be in Coup DeVille.
- He can identify something gross by the smell of it as shown in Coup DeVille.